Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Thursday, June 17, 2010

What else comes in 3's?



All my close luvs know how hard this transition to DC has been for me. In addition to the overwhelming feeling off rip from just being in a new city - I dealt with one of the most prestigious and challenging graduate schools in our country. But most difficult has been not being able to find permanent employment. (and the loss of Mikko and Maddox)

Just as "they say" death comes in three's - I'm hoping good news does as well.

This week alone faith, prayer, and persistence has paid off for me.

1. After 3 months of living in a frat house and endless housing searches, i've found an apartment in the district. The deal almost fell thru on Tuesday and I thought I was going to break, but in the end - I'm moving this Saturday!!! holla

2. I've been banking on transferring to Georgetown since about my third day at JHU, but they made me reapply. Today, I got an email saying...If you didn't know you've been accepted, wait for it..your letter is in the mail.

3. Still waiting on #3

After quitting my gig in Detroit, I moved out here on a (strategic) limb - only to submit myself back to the life of a part-time retail worker. That was tragic. An interview here and there, but still no offers after four months. So, I took a step back and accepted a fellowship - long story. Now i'm temping as a marketing contractor until that next star twinkles and my phone rings with the most fantabulous offer from one of the 18 million jobs I've applied for.

So tonight I will crack open my new bottle of Malbec (Argentinian wine) and cheers to #s 1,2, and 3 because I know 3 is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment