Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Monday, June 7, 2010

Groupies go bye bye

Groupie (n.) - person (female and sadly, men too) who strategically align their social calendars to always be in the area of certain people (athletes, rappers, politicians, etc.)

If you are impressed by a Mercedes or when someone says they live in a mansion - then you need to go bye bye.

Ladies and gents, put your cameraphones away and close your mouth. These men are nothing special. They know you are groupies and that is exactly how they will treat you.

I inadvertently attended a NFL pool party this weekend and guess what??? I wasn't phased. It was soo not my scene. It was your standard party at a nice home with liq flowing, men drooling and a$$ and boobies everywhere. DJ was on point and the pool was nice, but as I tweeted, "mama didn't raise no groupie." Just as I don't know who these NFL and NBA fourth string (or hell, starters) are ...they don't know who I am. No arrogance in that statement, just fact. Yeah, it was interesting to see a Jay- Z video happening LIVE, but do I ever need to attend another one? NOPE.

I'm using this party as an example, but I'm talking about you Capitol Hill groupies as well. Just because you do your stuntin' on Independence Ave. in a business suit and a glass of Perrier in your hand - don't think you are better than the video girls.

Growing up in Oakland County has afforded me the right to have this attitude. So, when you say mansion to me or drop names or strategically show your keys ... um, yeah, ok. Don't expect me to jump for joy or drop (you know what).

My rule of thumb, enter every room like you are the celebrity. Carrying yourself a certain way says more than you think. That's a note for you young ones like the 19-year-olds who walked me around this party to find my friend - I understand they were excited, but I wanted to take them to the car and school them.

I will say that it could have been a completely different (funnier) experience if my DC girls weren't on some BS that day and AJ would stop playing and just move here, but either way it was cool people watching. Few hours later I got up, got my ish and said bye bye - let them ask why you are leaving...don't be the last one left.

No comments:

Post a Comment