Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Monday, June 21, 2010

One Woman and a Car



Nevermind Two Men and a Truck... I'm one woman with a car.

I'm a Holmes' and if you don't know about us Holmes' women, you should learn. We are a breed of women who get ish done.

So yes, I packed up Blair (my 2009 Saturn Aura) and moved into my new apartment in the District. Now because I'm out here trying to stay afloat - I only had help for about three hours on Saturday, which meant it was up to me and Blair to get the rest of my warehouse of clothes, shoes, and random a$$ stuff into this tiny, but character-filled English basement (True definition: A closet that DC Realtors has tricked folks into thinking it is an actual apartment).

I've been doing this moving thing wayy to much and too often with little help. Side note: I do it because it needs to be done and I can do it, but WTH? I get a little rinky tink (a Burpism)with the male species when it's time for me to move and they all go ghost.

It might not be so bad if I didn't have enough to fill a four bedroom home. When I tell you that I have no clue how I've accumulated so much stuff, you probably wouldn't believe me. Burpis thinks I should be on that A&E show "Hoarders," but it's not that. My best explanation...I'm a Virgo.

Virgos go hard at everything. So when I like something - It's damn near an obsession.

Shoes, Clothes, Purses, Scarves, Books, Trinkets, you name it and I have too much of it. Every time I cleared an inch of space - I realized had more boxes or bags to bring in.

But, I did good, and Blair is excited to be clean and empty again. Looking forward to not moving again until I have one all of the above: a graduate degree, a rock on my finger, and home that I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment