Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Monday, January 31, 2011

Material Status

Unlike Madonna, I've never really been a "material girl." Let me be clear (in my President Obama voice)...I LOVE clothes, shoes, purses and other useless material items but I'm not big on brand names. I could care less if it's Juicy Couture, Gucci or Mossimo. I shop for quality, comfort and a bargain. But ladies and gents there is one brand that I feel like I need to purchase in order to reach a certain status level. This may be completely due to my 248 upbringing and I think I notice it more since my trekking around 202. The point is I haven't "made it" yet and I won't until I purchase a damn Northface.

Back in the day it was Starter jackets that gave you status but I have no clue how much those cost. I'm willing to bet it is no where near the hundreds that a Northface costs.

I am happy to report that my 5-year-old niece, K-Geezy, has reached this level thanks to the bargain I found at TJ Maxx over the holidays (but her size is always cheaper - she had an advantage).

I start my second job next week and you better believe I'm saving my pennies in order to be suited in Northface come next winter. What's your status?

No comments:

Post a Comment