Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Monday, January 24, 2011

Love and Other Drugs


SPOILER ALERT:
Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway got me to thinking the other night when I saw Love and Other Drugs. By the way it was cute flick - your ordinary romantic comedy (with a whole lot of intercourse - long way from Princess Diaries for Anne). Moving on, it got me to thinking about when you spill the beans about having a chronic health condition in a courting situation.

Unfortunately for Anne's character he learned by being sneaky and a peeping tom, but how soon is too soon to disclose your health issues?

I'm not talking cancer or AIDs, but maybe Lupus, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis or in my case Fibromyalgia. Something that effects your daily living, but it isn't necessarily noticeable. I've taken the don't tell at all, don't tell until we are official, don't tell until he can't fathom why I can't get out of bed approaches and I still don't know when the time is right. It isn't exactly the easiest condition/ailment to explain.

So that was the first thing the movie got me thinking about. Second, I was scared shytless by her defense mechanism. I could totally see myself in her because at times it's much easier to do shyt to make them leave you alone then to allow them in and take the chance of them resenting you for becoming your care taker.

Love and drugs, I can't live with or without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment