Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Siesta

Spring break use to be about maximizing time out of school with parties, drinking and socializing. Back when MTV was cool, I couldn't wait to watch all the festivities like Rock 'n' Jock. In undergraduate, spring break was automatically vacay time in Florida. That was then and this is now. Now I'm in the midst of my plaguing  "25C" (quarter-life crisis) and my enthusiasm for spring break has been infected. As I left campus the other night and realized that my spring break had officially started, all I could look forward to was being able to get in bed before 11pm for an entire week. It was a SAD conversation on the elevator. Listening to young, talented, and completely drained women (no men made this ride) speaking of their exhilaration for some R & R and that doesn't stand for Remy & Rosé.


What have we done? Is grad school that tiring or are we just lame? Have I allowed myself to get that run-down and "old" that early bedtimes now excite me? Quite frankly...yes, yes and YES!

Sleep is an amazing thing (especially for people with FM) and I welcome it in its longevity. The thought of being in bed, watching my full DVR and having the option of slumber before Oprah re-airs at 1:07am brings joy to my soul.


Give me a break. It could be worse. I could be savoring the week for ironing and color-coding my closet.






1 comment:

  1. Nice colors and font. And as far as you being a lame, yeah. I see it. maturity is weak. stop it.

    ReplyDelete