Sharing is Caring, right?


I'm sharing my adventures from the D to the District, random thoughts, experiences living with Fibromyalgia, frustration with grad school, and exactly how I feel about the craziness going on in this world. I promise to keep it really real and I hope you learn something or laugh while here. And please...comment! ~Smooches, misstorilynn


Friday, March 11, 2011

So Fabulous


Last weekend as I hibernated in my cave, I watched a marathon of Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane. To be honest, as I always am, I never really like her and for no particular reason, but after about eight episodes - I'm obsessed!

She isn't as obnoxiously girlie as I imagined and the hood in her appears to be REAL and not just because she was married to Russ. Sorry, I was assuming.

All in all she is great. Beautiful, ambitious, dedicated to her children/family and she knows how to get things done. The show was a tad melodramatic with every single project having a crisis moment of "is this going to happen" but it kept my attention.

So one thing that really put her up there with my all-time fave, Heidi Klum (mental note: why haven't I blogged about her yet?), is that she is involved with her kids. We, the viewers, know that they really do exist and that she actually sees them. This is very unlike all of Bravo's baby mamas, divorcees, jump-offs...I mean Housewives. They have four nannies for one child and they are unemployed. I don't get it at all. Maybe we see KLS' kids because they are all adorable and will undoubtedly have amazing futures. I'm not calling anyone else's children ugly...i'm just sayin'.

Her other characteristic that won my take-no-ish heart is that she doesn't take any ish. She likes things done right and she will speak her mind.

Waiting for the *tori-beef,* here it is...

The new KLS skincare line, Shinto Clinical, is suppose to be about real women. Too bad I wasn't her tweep back then, I surely would have submitted my photo for entry in her model search, but I digress. So, I'm annoyed that this line is suppose to be about real women, real beauty and when I go the landing page for the coming website...LIES. Kimora is sooo airbrushed.

One, unquestionably she is beautiful. Two, if I'm having to come to grips with not having a 17 year old's body anymore then so should she. Three, don't be a hypocrite because I've just watched nearly 10 episodes of you...all of you...double chin and wider nose included. On the Shinto webpage...Kimora is reaching wayyy back and it made me disappointed if you haven't noticed.

I'm glad she has moved on from babyphat because i'm not big on wearing clothes with huge brand names plastered everywhere. I'm really looking forward to the FABULOSITY she brings with KLS.

Smooches, Kimora. Sorry for calling you out.

1 comment:

  1. you for got to mention anything about her man. Can you say hot flashes.

    ReplyDelete